Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"I am not ashamed" Romans 1:16

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true gospel. And I am not ashamed. I have had the greatest experiences lately, the Lord has truly opened my eyes and heart. I know he suffered for all of our sins, and I have felt his LITERAL power change my heart. He knows we get tempted and He knows how to help us and give us strength. I have been a mad man at writing in my journal lately and my pages are just flooded with thoughts and impressions from the spirit. I love this church. 

I had the greatest conference experiences and honestly have been incredibly enlightened lately. I was writing this goon 

late last night and my mind was just unwinding. I felt particulary inspired for some reason after reading his weekly email his mother forwards out to all of us and so many feelings of confirmation entered my mind. I happened to type my letter so here are parts of it (I included some funny things I said, because I think I'm funny): 


Your companion turned 20. Crazy. You turn 20 soon! TEENAGE YEARS ARE ALMOST GONE! DO SOMETHING CRAZY! Well, not crazy crazy, just mission crazy. Like stay up till Midnight. Or sleep through your alarm until 7:30. YOTTOOYLDSM. You Only Turn Twenty Once On Your L D S Mission. Nah mean? ß that phrase, nah mean. Was that invented before you left? If not, it means “know what I mean?” but squished into one, catchy, fun phrase. Nah mean?

I’m registered to vote, and I’m voting for Thomas S. Monson. We’re gonna get the whole church to write him in, deal?

So I’m sure you’ve heard this quote, but I’m designing a cute little hand-out thingy of it to put in a frame I have. It will showcase in my room. Here it is:
Mission Equation: Hard Work + Obedience with exactness + faith = MIRACLES.
Conference was so incredible, I love our church so much. I have seriously kicked it into gear and I feel so good. Dumb little petty things will happen and it doesn’t even phase me. I just feel so gosh dang happy because I have this gospel. Usually at the end of your emails you get to bear your testimony but this time I’m going to. I seriously love this church with all my heart and soul. I know it is true. Sometimes I go through phases where I think about it and think “this all is kind of crazy” and I doubt. Satan gets RIGHT in my little brain and makes me think up all sorts of madness. But then I read my journals and I reflect on the feelings I have felt. This gospel is true and I KNOW IT. I hope you know I know it. I hope I was a good example to you like you were to me. I tried.

I get thinking about judgement, the future, marriage, meeting Christ, being with my family again, becoming a mom, keeping together a family, etc, and I get so many emotions. I could NOT do it all without this gospel. There is no way. When I’m having a cruddy day, I pray. When I feel sick, I get a priesthood blessing. When I read my scriptures, I get enlightened. When I listen to conference, I feel inspired. When I go to the temple, I feel Christ’s love and his atonement literally changes my heart. When I go to church, I meet great people. When I attend institute, I gain incredible insight. I KNOW THIS CHURCH IS TRUE. I know it with everything inside me.

I went home to STG last week to get my wisdom teeth out because we had Fall Break all week. Go Utes. Every other school didn’t get a week out. HA HA. Anyway, I went to sacrament meeting at the good ol’ valley chapel and listened to the wonderful testimonies of the 1st ward. One of my old Young Women leaders, Sister Mylroie, bore her testimony about her mission. And the mission change for Young Women. She said that when the change happened, it made her reflect back on WHY she went on a mission. She pondered and read old journals and she came to a conclusion: She knew this gospel was true and knew how it had blessed her life, and she wanted everyone else in the world to know it too. This was such a confirmation to me. When the age changed, there was just a rush of people freaking out and I was so overwhelmed. I was AT conference when President Monson announced it and I felt so much love but also a lot of weight. I have decided that I’m going to prepare for a mission, and after next semester I will see what the Lord has in store for me.

Elder Berryessa, thank you for being such an example to me and for serving such a worthy mission. You are exactly the kind of missionary I want to be, regardless if I go on an official mission or not. I need to still be a missionary. You know it best… “every member a missionary”. 


Well folks, this was a long post but I had to post it. I know this church is true. If you have any inkling of wanting to know what we are all about, don't be afraid to ask me. Or visit https://www.lds.org/

I'm serious when I say this gospel is what makes me happy. I mean it with all my heart.

For now.. peace and love
-Abbey

3 comments: