Sunday, August 7, 2011

I heart FB

Last Sunday night (ha, this reminds me of "last friday night" lyrics) , I was laying in the bathroom crying, clenching my stomach, when my phone buzzed. "New Text Message from Brady Berryessa" 
We texted, kept each other company for an hour or so through the night. Me updating him when I threw up, him congratulating me. 


After a night of very little sleep, I woke up, went to tennis tryouts, and wanted to die. 


Being a good friend that Brady is, he texted me that night asking if I was still sick. I informed him I was doing better but needed my sleep.




He then suggested the unforgivable. 

"want to go on a facebook fast with me?"

*Is he serious? I love Facebook. I check it 24/7.

-"blah, how long? i'm an FB addict."
"till school starts. my school... college. august 29th"
-"i'm crying. fine. what brought this on?"
"you're game? well i was thinking of deleting it until then, but i'd rather it be accessible and me just resist it. it takes up too much of my time."
-"yeah, i'm game! i feel ya, i bet half my life has been spent on that thing."


So. Since August 1st I've been off Facebook. Something that seriously is so hard for me. I hate that I am so addicted to it. But how am I supposed to know all the latest without it? I guess I'm surviving fine without it, but I'd like it to be more dramatic than it really is. 




I have gotten so much done lately, and have been organized and happy. My mom even commented on how the computer is always free for her to get her things done. 
You're welcome, Mom :)


There have been several "mock posts" towards Brady and me that are filling the Top News but "you gotta be popular somehow!" -Brady


We have had more free time and decided we were going to take up new hobbies. Guitar, Sodoku, Crosswords, etc.


Facebook is great, but I've got to live up these last week(s) of summer.


Three cheers to NO FACEBOOK! 


Peace&Love
-abs

1 comment: