Saturday, December 22, 2012

This year is different.

This Christmas is going to be very different. And I couldn't be more excited. Honestly, I think this will be the best Christmas of my life so far. 

I work the night shifts (6PM-6AM) on December 24th and December 25th and will have my trusty violin by my side the whole time. Christmas tunes all around! My patients are depending on me and have been confirming that I'm bringing it all month.

I had a pretty lame Christmas list this year... I asked for a printer? Maybe a crock pot? Target gift card? I secretly wanted a bike but we'll have to see about that one. 

None of my excitement for next week is about the gifts. None of it. I seriously cannot WAIT to be with my family. I miss my parents (so much) and I need to see those little nephews of mine. I miss the Hafen Gang more than I thought I would. 

My roommate Emilee and I have been talking about how as you move away from home, it doesn't even matter what gifts you want to Christmas; we have everything we need. Yeah, as college students a little extra cash would be nice or a new pair of running shoes; but honestly, we just want to be with our families and appreciate Christ.

Happy Holiday season to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Feel the same way. Family is where it's at. Love you Flo! I say that every time, that I love you, but I really do and I think you're great.

    ReplyDelete