Saturday, December 15, 2012

Oh, happiness.

Man. I have so many blog ideas, I actually feel stressed out about it. Ha! The thought that I am stressed out over blogging is a dang good feeling.

Lately, I have just felt happy. Not because my life is perfect, but because I have chosen to feel this way. Things have fallen through, people have been mean; I've gotten in sticky situations and had my feelings hurt a few times. But. It is a decision to be happy. 

100% my decision.

Yeah, work might be crappy one night. Yeah, maybe you didn't get much sleep. Or maybe the outfit you felt was really cute... just really wasn't. But. It is your decision to be happy. 

This quote really changed my way of thinking:

 “Suffering is always the effect of wrong thought in some direction. It is an indication that the individual is out of harmony with himself, with the Law of his being.” 
― James Allen, As a Man Thinketh

No matter what, suffering is never justified. Someone has already done the suffering for you, it's your job to turn yourself in the "right direction". 

I challenge you to be happy. Actually...... 
...I DARE you to be happy. 
Triple dog dare. 

Try it. 

It'll be an easy challenge when life is good, but when it gets rough, you'll really have to kick it in gear. 

Happy Saturday.



peace & love
abbey rose


1 comment:

  1. You are the best abbey Hafen I'm so glad you are my sister!

    ReplyDelete