Sunday, January 23, 2011

2010, you did me good.

I honestly feel that I take so much for granted. I have been given so much in this life, I can't even explain it. 2010 was a great year for me. I had many "firsts".
January- I made All-State Orchestra, one of 14 violas for the state of Utah and I got a new nephew.

February- Sweet Sixteen :) I got my licence and went on my first date with David Lewis Lloyd.

March- I went to the beach for the first time and had an experience of a lifetime in CA, taking special needs adults to Legoland for the day. I will never forget you, Tammy :) 
April- I competed in State Solo & Ensemble for my first time, and got a I on my solo.
I also went to my first high school dance and met Carol, a new friend that has now changed my life.


 May- I completed my first year of high school and saw some of my best friends graduate.
SUMMER 2010: I had the busiest, but no doubt the most life-changing summer. Music camps, Girls Camp, Youth Conference, Lake Trips, EFY, the list goes on. I will never schedule myself like that again, but it was definitely worth it. {refer back to my summer blog post} but one fun thing I did, was hike the #redmtn for the first time with Joey and Jacob. 

August- Started Junior Year. I got much harder classes, but try to make the best out of them :)

chemistry with hobbles :)
September- Attended my first Indian Wedding, and went to my first formal dance- Homecoming. (with one of my best friends, Irfan Mahmud.)
October- Kim and I took 3rd place at Super Region at 1st Doubles for tennis.
SCHS Girls Tennis also took Region for the 1st time!
November- SADIES. It's my first year being Head Editor, therefore it was my first time putting on Sadies. It was also my first time attending Sadies with a date. Also, I saw SC take STATE in Volleyball. This was my first time seeing us take state :)
Garrett and me up at state volleyball
I am down to the last month (I can't believe you've made it this far reading this forever long blog post) December 2010.  Here is just a fun little thing from December: It was the first time I have been in the finale number of one of our studio recitals. I have never that opportunity so being able to be the finale for the Christmas Recital was truly a treat :) But on a bigger note, I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I got to sing and play my viola for our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. Our Madrigals had this amazing opportunity that I will never forget.


Thank you 2010, you did me good. 

...2011, can you follow suit?

1 comment: